Thank you for your interest in employment with Scenic Caves Nature Adventures. All positions have been filled for the 2020 Warm Season.
How To Apply
As part of our accessibility commitment, there are alternative ways to interview with us. Please inform us if you require interview accommodation.
With each job posting below you will find an Apply Now button. Alternatively you can fax or drop off your resume in person at the main Scenic Caves building located at 260 Scenic Caves Rd.
Fax: (705) 444-4534
Please note: We thank all those who apply; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Scenic Caves Supervisor will report to the Scenic Caves Manager and the Assistant Manager.
- Lead the team in selling.
- Daily park entrance and up-selling other activities and retail product.
- Selling and preparing food and beverage items through our multiple locations.
- Assist the management team in making sure all of our staff are familiar with our Service Standards and Guiding Principles and that they are trained and prepared to deliver the guest experiences we have promised.
- Opening and closing the operation as required, on a daily basis.
- Cash out, balance and reporting the daily numbers.
- Coach, encourage, lead and motivate our staff at all times.
- Promptly and pleasantly answer phone calls and emails and check for phone messages in the office often. Return these messages ASAP.
- End of day clean-up & prep for next day is easy because the lodge and grounds have been kept exceptionally clean all day long.
- Manage the inventory and merchandising so that our gift shop is always set up properly.
- 2 years’ experience in a sales and service role in the tourism industry.
- Confident and organized person who enjoys working with a team and is energized by working in a fast pace environment that requires multi-tasking.
- Personable, positive, upbeat, responsible, dependable and trustworthy.
- Full Time Seasonal in green season.
- Provides top notch customer service
- Enjoys working in a face paced environment for both indoor and outside work stations
- Friendly, outgoing and a team player
- Available spring till fall
Treetop Walk, Ziplines & Equipment
- Building/repair projects
- Log books
- Machinery maintenance/repairs
- Assisting with tours and guests
- Wood working, building & repair projects and power tools
- Ziplines, treetop walks/high ropes courses, rock climbing gear, working at heights
- Operation and knowledge of tractors, ATV’s, gators & machinery
- Adventure Tourism
- Professional, reliable, strong work ethic & takes pride in work.
- Capable of supervising many tasks.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- First Aid an asset.
Full time seasonal in green season with potential year-round employment.
- Harnesses, loads, catches and demonstrates ziplines
- Excellent customer service skills, friendly, mature, fun, professional and reliable
- Enjoys team work, instructs & assists guests with Zipline operations
- Maintenance experience an asset (basic handyman skills)
- Most positions require strength, fitness and must be relatively tall
- Excellent customer service skills, friendly, mature, professional and reliable
- Public speaking, personable, storytelling regarding local history and nature
- Instructs & guides guests on Treetop Canopy Walk & Ziplines; comfortable with heights
- Enjoys team work
- Most positions require to be strong/fit and relatively tall
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Full time work available June to October
- Most staff will be trained for both Guiding (Eco Adventure Tour) and Twin Zip
- Processes reservations by computer reservation system, mail, telephone, fax
- Handles daily correspondence, responds to enquiries
- Administers confirmation letters, processes cancellations and modifications
- Processes deposits and payments
- Prepares daily guest check-ins.
- Excellent communication skills via phone and in person. Top notch customer service skills. Sales experience preferred. Friendly, professional, efficient, detail-oriented, personable, pleasant phone voice.
- Able to work early evenings, weekends and holidays
- Inspection, service and routine maintenance of John Deere tractors / ATV Gators, misc. equipment.
- Troubleshooting: determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Duties to include: fix leaks, oil changes, repair/ replace broken parts, tune/repair, tire replacement and more
- Maintain vehicle records by recording service, labour time, parts used.
- Keep regular supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipts.
- Weekly/bi-weekly on a regular service schedule, as well as on call as required. Flexible regarding days and hours. Position might be expanded to include additional days/hours for: woodworking projects, cutting firewood, various trail projects and assistance with zip line operations
- Proven experience as a farm machinery mechanic with valid certification. Knowledge of machinery, hydraulics, fuel and brake lines and more. Dependable, problem-solver, able to work independently and manage time.