A Wintery Walk to Remember
The only way to access Southern Ontario’s longest suspension footbridge in winter is by snowshoe, making this a unique and adventurous experience. For 420 feet, you’re suspended high above the snowy forest floor with expansive views surrounding you 360 degrees. On a clear day, you can see 10,000 square kilometres - to the far side of Georgian Bay and beyond!
The subtle sway of the bridge adds an element of excitement to this attraction. Fear not, the bridge is designed to be flexible and bear the weight of snow, ice and many people. Because of its wireframe design, the suspension bridge is suitable for all ages and heights, with a clear view for everyone.
Access to the Suspension Bridge comes included with your general park admission rate and is available during regular hours of operation. Please note that our last park admission in the winter is sold at 3:30pm.
Things To Know Before You Go:
- Snowshoes are required to cross the Suspension Bridge during the Winter Season.
- The Suspension Bridge snowshoe trail is 1km in length and rated as moderate.
- Access to the Suspension Bridge is included with your winter trail pass fee.
- Pets are not permitted on the trails.
- No cash transactions. All major credit cards and debit accepted.
- Capacity is limited, and when capacity is reached the entrance to the park will be closed. Day Trail Pass tickets and rental equipment are available on a first come first serve basis and can only be purchased on site at Scenic Caves Nordic Centre.
- There are no indoor washroom facilities this year. A few porta-potties will be located outside the main building. Please plan accordingly.
- A warm up building with limited seating is located near the main entrance area and at the Lookout Point on weekends and during holiday periods. Since all activities are outside dress accordingly for winter adventures.
- Indoor washroom facilities are available near the main area, and a porta-potty will be located outside at the Lookout Point.