June 18, 2020 - Update
We are thrilled to announce that once again we will be able to open our gates and welcome guests starting on Tuesday, June 23rd. Our commitment to the well being of our staff and guests is paramount in everything we are doing to prepare for this re-opening.
Scenic Caves Nature Adventures is perched atop the Niagara Escarpment on 370 unspoiled acres of natural beauty. Our outdoor environment and adventures will provide both physical and mental health benefits for all. Park admission will include access to our new hiking trail centre offering 15 km of one way, well marked trails, Southern Ontario’s longest Suspension Bridge, and the Caves/Crevasse trail network.
We are confident that we have the necessary procedures in place to ensure we can welcome you to our Attraction in a safe and responsible manner.
There are a few things you need to know ahead of your visit to Scenic Caves, please take note and plan ahead by reviewing and abiding by the following guidelines and requirements.
What you can expect when you arrive at Scenic Caves Nature Adventures:
- We will be actively managing the number of people granted entrance into the park to allow for social distancing. When we reach capacity, we will be closing the park entrance.
- Our entrance/ticket booth as well as other points of sale and employee contact zones will be protected with plexiglass or other barriers.
- We will not be accepting cash payment in an effort to reduce the number of touch points between guests and employees. We do take all major credit cards and debit cards.
- Our staff will be working hard executing enhanced cleaning of all common touch points with appropriate disinfectants and sanitizers.
- There will be hand sanitizing stations throughout our parks.
- We will be establishing and actively managing 2-meter physical distancing using visual cues in higher traffic areas.
- Face masks/coverings and gloves are recommended for guests. Staff will be required to wear masks when physical distancing is not possible.
- Staff will be screened for symptoms of COVID 19.
- We are operating a new environment with new procedures so there may be some waiting required during your experience, we ask for your patience as we are doing this for you and for our staff.
GUIDELINES FOR OUR VISITORS:
- If you are sick or if you have been in contact with someone that is sick, please stay home.
- If you’ve travelled outside Canada within the past 14 days, please stay home.
- We will be controlling the number of guests who are in the park at any one time. Plan to arrive early to enjoy a great, safe day.
- If you arrive to a parking lot that is full, please move on. For safety reasons, do not park on the road. Parking is included with paid park admission fee. Once we reach capacity our admission gates will be closed.
- Have a back up plan in case we are at capacity.
- Visitors must limit groups to people from the same household in accordance with provincial restrictions.
- Do not gather into groups with people who are not from your household.
- Practice physical distancing by staying two metres (6 feet) apart at all times.
- Always practice good hygiene. Clean your hands regularly, bring hand sanitizer and use it a lot.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Our washrooms are cleaned several times throughout the day, but not after every use. Washroom capacity is limited, plan on not needing to use them.
- Respect the instructions provided by our dedicated staff
- Respect and follow all signage
- Trails are self-guided, one-way and are well marked according to level of difficulty. A map of the trails will also be provided upon entrance to assist you.
- Be extra cautious when engaging in recreational activities to avoid injury and/or getting lost.
- Please note, due to steep and uneven trails in some areas, guests will encounter natural obstacles. The caves are not accessible for a person with mobility impairment or physical challenges. Physical agility and balance are required.
- Stay on and respect one way marked trails to avoid coming into contact with poison ivy, disturbing sensitive vegetation and wildlife, and getting lost.
- Leave no trace when you visit our outdoor spaces. Help keep our property clean and use the Garbage cans located throughout the property.
- Trails are not stroller friendly. We suggest the use of back-carriers instead. Note we do not provide carriers.
- Hiking or running shoes are mandatory for everyone to enter the park. No Shoe sales are available on site, plan accordingly.
- We are going cashless. All major credit cards and debit will be accepted.
- Sorry, no pets permitted on site, nor should they be left in your vehicle.
- Last park admission is sold 2 hours prior to closing time.
- Youth must be accompanied by an adult.
Let’s all remember to do our part to keep everyone safe!
SCENIC CAVES NATURE ADVENTURES MANAGEMENT
The health and safety of our visitors, staff, and community will always be our first priority. Operations at Scenic Caves Nature Adventures will remain suspended as long as required by provincial health authorities and until Scenic Caves determines that it is safe to resume operations.
While much has changed in our communities, the natural landscape of Scenic Caves Nature Adventures remains as vibrant and beautiful as ever…and we look forward to the day, very soon, when you can experience it with a whole new perspective.
Here at Scenic Caves we are preparing for the day when we will reopen. We have been thoughtfully adjusting our operations, policies and processes so that we can welcome you back, safely, to our beautiful park. We continue to gain inspiration from the creative approach businesses, individuals, governments and organizations are developing and we are also finding our own unique ways to offer services and experiences. As we all continue, (for a little while longer), to stay in to stay safe please take a few moments to look at the line up of adventures that will be waiting for you when the time is right.
SCENIC CAVES NATURE ADVENTURES TEAMView our 2020 Warm Season Activities
SCENIC CAVES NATURE ADVENTURES SUSPENDS OPERATIONS TO ASSIST IN REDUCING THE POTENTIAL SPREAD OF COVID-19
Beginning Monday March 16, 2020, Scenic Caves Nature Adventures will temporarily suspend operations until further notice. The property, including all cross-country and snowshoe trails, rentals, gift shop and food services will be closed.
This decision has been made after serious consideration of our duty to lessen the spread of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak. In joining this proactive worldwide action, we believe this temporary closure is in the best interest of our guests, employees and community. We will continue to follow the Public Health Agency of Canada recommendations to safeguard the health and safety of our community.
Updates on operations will be communicated through the Scenic Caves Nature Adventures website, via Enews and through our social media accounts.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience but we feel the need to act now and do the right thing for our community.
Thank you for your continuing loyalty to Scenic Caves Nature Adventures. We look forward to welcoming you back as circumstances improve.
SCENIC CAVES NATURE ADVENTURES MANAGEMENT